Thursday, May 14, 2009

All Natural Taco Seasoning

I have to give my sister the credit for this one. She gave me this recipe. It is so much better than any storebought taco seasoning I have had. There are a lot of ingredients, but this lasted me about 5 recipes before I needed to make more. I think it is very economical by the time you use all of the ingredients. Plus, there is the added bonus of knowing there is no junk in it. Enjoy!
4 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp arrowroot powder
2 tbsp ground cumin
4 tsp sea salt
4 tsp paprika
4 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
Use 1/4 cup of seasoning for 1 lb of ground beef or ground turkey.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you put this on here! I've been trying to remember to ask you or Jenny about it since I heard you talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to have to try this! I've been wanting to get away from the store bought stuff with junk in it that I try to avoid. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete